Fishobsessed7

My tub ponds are set up for the year. Still a little to cool for some fish, but I've got a few hardier species out there.

I'm still working on plants. Have some hyacinth and marginals coming in the mail. You can't tell from the pictures but they all have a little parrots feather and water lettuce floating in them.

The first tub has a trio of Japanese Rice fish. I likely won't add anything else.
The second tub has two female swords I still need to get probably two more trios or pairs.
I added a female guppy to test temperatures today as well as set up a 150 gallon which is not in the picture. Hopefully everything will do well and make lots of babies!

Fishobsessed7

Today I added a trio of guppies as well as some fry to the guppy tub. They should do well and make lots of babies! The temperatures here are finally getting up to summer temps!

Fishobsessed7

Do these need airstones or heaters? what is the temperature of the tank and what state are you in?
how many gallons are the tubs?
TEACHHHH MEEEEE! hah
They don't NEED air, but I find that they do better and are more stable temperature wise when there is some air. I guess the same could go for the heaters as well.

Today they got to about 75 at the top of the water, but that should rise as daytime temps increase too.
The tubs are 110 gallon stock tanks from one of the local farm stores. And this is in Oregon.

BANGAR

They don't NEED air, but I find that they do better and are more stable temperature wise when there is some air. I guess the same could go for the heaters as well.

Today they got to about 75 at the top of the water, but that should rise as daytime temps increase too.
The tubs are 110 gallon stock tanks from one of the local farm stores. And this is in Oregon.

This has an attached filter under the water.

Gosh I am so jealous of you guys!!! I am loving these outdoor tanks/ponds. Really wishing I could expand my summer tanks. Keep postin pictures so I can live vicariously through your fishtank things!!!!!

Fishobsessed7

I setup one of those rope totes today and put in a handful of the rice fish fry. I'd like to see if they grow faster than the ones inside. (I think they will) Everything is going along smoothly. I'll be sure to keep you updated!

Brenna

Stalking you silently
Staff member
Rice fish!! I'm jealous. I lost all mine. I think I kept them at too high of temps because I didn't do my research first.

Poppa Ryno

Staff member
Lookin good. those guppies should fill the tub by a few months. lol

Fishobsessed7

Unfortunately one of the EBA jumped out and died before found it. (n) I didn't think that they would make it because the water level in their tub is really low because I knew they were jumpers but I gues I underestimated them. But the worst part is had it been over just two inches it would have made it into the swordtail tub and lived. Hopefully the three that are left will produce a pair. I'm not sure which one it was that jumped.

coralbandit

I didn't know EBA were jumpers ...
I mean mine jump for food so maybe yours saw a bug outside?
Sorry to hear about that. Hope you still get a pair as they are pretty good breeders and still somewhat popular I think.
I like my adults in my 180. The fry grow fast ,take a lot of space and eat a lot...That makes for more water changes....
Good luck with them.