OEBT Breeding - I HAZ BABIEZZZ!

junebug

Chune the Smiter
Staff member
It finally happened! One of my girls finally had her eggs hatch! (Two more are still carrying, one of them is newly preggles haha)

I spotted a baby OEBT today when I decided to be a food god. And I got a picture (kinda - it's really small, sooooo.... yeah baby shrimp LOL)

This means I should have some OEBT juvies ready to go in a few months haha. So excited!

Here's one of the mommas. She's getting some AMAZING red coloring on her back. She's carrying eggs right now though it doesn't show well in this pic. I think she's also the mom of the babies that I found in the tank.

Another female with eggs; this one isn't as highly pigmented and actually came to me blonde. She's getting bluer, but I don't expect her to ever be a royal blue.

Anddddd..... drumroll please..... Can you find the little one on the moss ball? (not the big blue one haha, that's a daddy)

GreenGo

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! So happy you have baby skrimps! And, yes, I can see the skrimplet :D

junebug

Chune the Smiter
Staff member
Haha thanks guys! I'm so excited these guys are finally breeding! I waited what seemed like FOREVER when I got them. It took them two months, the buggers -.-' LOL.

Now I have babies and more pregnant mommas! AUGH!!!!

It finally happened! One of my girls finally had her eggs hatch! (Two more are still carrying, one of them is newly preggles haha)

I spotted a baby OEBT today when I decided to be a food god. And I got a picture (kinda - it's really small, sooooo.... yeah baby shrimp LOL)

This means I should have some OEBT juvies ready to go in a few months haha. So excited!

Here's one of the mommas. She's getting some AMAZING red coloring on her back. She's carrying eggs right now though it doesn't show well in this pic. I think she's also the mom of the babies that I found in the tank.

Another female with eggs; this one isn't as highly pigmented and actually came to me blonde. She's getting bluer, but I don't expect her to ever be a royal blue.

Anddddd..... drumroll please..... Can you find the little one on the moss ball? (not the big blue one haha, that's a daddy)
Congrats!! :D

NightShade

AWESOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!! YAAAAAYYYYY!! so excited you finally got babies! :D Great job food god LOL

The Dude

Can you share your parameters? OEBT's2are my favorite, but I can't keep them alive. I'm assuming you're using RO water and remineralizing?

junebug

Chune the Smiter
Staff member
Can you share your parameters? OEBT's2are my favorite, but I can't keep them alive. I'm assuming you're using RO water and remineralizing?
I've kept them in both my tap water and RO, but they only breed in RO. I don't measure anything, unfortunately. I just fill the tank up with RO water and add a cup or two of filtered tap water (my water is really hard, so I run it through a drinking water carbon filter first.) to top things off.