Look at these discus!

Andy Sager

Happy belated birthday. 50 you say? That was a piece of cake for me. Try 60 :eek:
I like the Discus types that come from Lake Tefe. Seen some really exotic looking fish on film besides the heckels I have imported. Good luck with the ones you got. (y)

Brookster123

Resident nuisance/moderator
Staff member
Dammit... I wish I could give infractions for drawing my attention to that dreaded discus hans site and looking at those blasted tefe discus and realizing getting 6 smalls wouldnt break the bank... this is really bad Amy. I'm going to speak with the other mods and come up with a rational punishment for this gross abuse of linking epic pictures and pointing me in the right direction for sexy discus.. stand by..

Andy Sager

Dammit... I wish I could give infractions for drawing my attention to that dreaded discus hans site and looking at those blasted tefe discus and realizing getting 6 smalls wouldnt break the bank... this is really bad Amy. I'm going to speak with the other mods and come up with a rational punishment for this gross abuse of linking epic pictures and pointing me in the right direction for sexy discus.. stand by..
You make me giggle Brooksy. ;) :giggle: Fish keeping is about restraint. If you can't do it right, you shouldn't do it....period! IMO I see pics of fish all the time that get me......well, to not sound crude, "excited" ;) ;) but then reality has to come into play. Can I keep them properly? Can I afford to do that? What is the long term plan? I answer these questions and then make my decision. In most of the cases for me, the answer is Nope, you can't have it. :( The good news is that there are pics and videos of these fish online so I don't have to have them in my tanks to enjoy them. :):):) No, it's not the same.........but it's close. (y)
So please don't take our pics or links to pics away or punish those who post them. :love: Good luck with your decision. :LOL:

Last edited:

Discusluv

LOl! Those tefe's are amazing aren't they? Ive been drooling over them for awhile. I am going to get some juveniles in summer-but,. right now I dont have time for some grow-outs.

Navigator Black

Some odd mod.
Staff member
Those Tefes are extremely nice. Wow.

Brookster123

Resident nuisance/moderator
Staff member
LOl! Those tefe's are amazing aren't they? Ive been drooling over them for awhile. I am going to get some juveniles in summer-but,. right now I dont have time for some grow-outs.
They really are. I think about running another grow out and it helps me throttle back a little bit. Need a couple months off.

junebug

Chune the Smiter
Staff member
Ooooh so pretty!

Andy Sager

Found this video that shows better than the photo what the Stendker Tefe looks like:

So catch me up please. Are these "Tefe" fish you are showing man made creations or wild caught fish from lake Tefe? I've seen some really wild looking natural fish from the lake but not these.