Kensfish.com

Rams4life!

So I thought the first review here needs to be on KensFish! This guy is amazing, his online store has almost everything the hobbyist needs, and his line of foods is amazing! His prices are really competitive, especially for his foods.

Only con I've experienced is that shipping is slow, it usually takes 10 days from when you order till you receive it. He is also a bit slow at getting back to emails. But other than that I've been happy with every purchase!

GreenGo

What are your thoughts on the consistency of his foods? I've heard they're not very consistent, with each batch of a specific food being sometimes vastly different (e.g., a good balance of the colors of flakes one time, mostly green the next, and mostly red with some other colors mixed in the following)

coralbandit

I order lots from Kens also.
Food and many dry goods.
I only use 'worm' flakes and none of my fish complain...
They always seem the same and very fresh as the flakes are often LARGE and un broken....

Rams4life!

I've only ordered 3 times from him, and different stuff everytime. The amounts you get are exorbitant!!! Flakes are really big, I like that so you can break them to size.

If you order, get the Spirulina pellets, they are $2.50 for a 1/2 pound. All fish LOVE them, they dissolve nice and fast. From danios, to shrimp to rams!

GreenGo

Okay, it was just one person's experience and I'm not sure how long ago that was :)

@Rams4life! I've heard pellets that don't dissolve are actually better (the ones that maintain their integrity) due to the vitamins and such not leeching out of them as quick (which happens on the outside edges of pellets and flakes), plus the fish can nibble on it over time and thus have more food and need less feedings throughout the day. At least this is what I've heard :whistle: ;)