Hillstream tank build ideas

GreenGo

Wavemakers also create a pulsating flow, which I understand may crucial for feeding things that have no mouths (like goby larvae)
Great! :D Now I know what to invest in down the line LOL

junebug

Chune the Smiter
Staff member
Rhinogobius spp. are so nice, GreenGo :p Why you gotta mess with my plan?

GreenGo

GreenGo

And I mean, if it helps I did immediately think of you and this thread. :)

:p :p :p

Oh looky looky, Hi June did sll my talk about hill stream tanks and setups mske ya want one ?

Google Oliver knots hill stream tank that thing is a masterpiece.
Personally I wouldn't use an in tank sump id have one underneath to allow more length. I would also setup an HMF filter on one side.

The hill stream tanks for me give me the opportunity to make my own aquarium and if you have ever wanted to try your hands on making your own tank this type would be the best as you are after length and width and not so much height.

Keep in mind that these tanks are usually louder then regular ones because of the flow rate and setup.

Sorry I have been away just been busy working chasing the big oil money in Alberta Canada

junebug

Chune the Smiter
Staff member
I don't think a matten filter would allow enough flow. I have used them in several tanks and they are very low flow, even when using an overpowered air pump.

My design allows for filtration under the false bottom and in the sump compartment, so there would be lots of room for filtration.