Getting closer

Summer

Pro Recruiter
I let my husband buy a $1200 lawnmower yesterday. I'm a good wife like that :) When he returned I congratulated him and said I would also be making a purchase with the remainder of our income tax to contribute to the outdoor look. He asked what? I said I would be buying the things needed for a pond.

I was looking at this. Any thoughts? I'm sure its not top of the line, but can always upgrade things as I go along.

http://www.amazon.com/Algreen-Gallo...=UTF8&qid=1458132082&sr=8-2&keywords=pond+kit

coralbandit

I looked at liner also.
You want .045 min EPDM or .060EPDM.
It is rubber roofing for real!Firestone I believe supplies for ponds.
If the liner is decent that is alright for $200 IMO..

coralbandit

Keep water in /out same thing???
They won't warranty rubber if there is standing water for 3 days on them!
No ones knows it is leaking in the ground , they think it is all evap! For real....

Last edited:

Summer

Pro Recruiter
That's what my mom used. Uncle is a contractor. I probably could get some I'm just not sure if the cost is going to skyrocket

coralbandit

Lowes or HD sell "EPDM" liners if there is one around.It is really just rubber like an inner tube.
You just don't want a 'vinyl' type liner as they are thin and become brittle due to uv exposure...

Gillie

Chronic enabler
It's true, when I was building big ponds we would use firestone roofing rubber, the thick stuff, it was the best liner ever.
I'm all to aware unfortunately. I spent all of the times I had been laid off, building ponds and waterfalls. If I never see another flagstone I'll die happy.

Brenna

Stalking you silently
Staff member
I'm glad I read this about the roofing rubber. I wouldn't have thought of it being that I had no idea about such a thing. Now I'm super curious about getting a pond too!