Fish you've kept or bred outside?

Fishobsessed7

This thread is to post fish you've had success with outdoors and to help give others ideas of what might work for them. You can also post fish you'd like to try outside.

I've kept:
Guppies
Platies
Mollies
Swordtails
Zebra danios
Cherry barbs
And white clouds.

This summer I'd like to try Limia sp. 'tiger', paradise fish, and least killies. Maybe even some red cherry shrimp. Poppa also made me want to try Angels.

Brenna

Stalking you silently
Staff member
Comet goldfish. I'm serious, not all of the feeders lived but the ones that did got huge. I may have to try the angels myself. Henningc is getting me started with some mollys that I'll try outside once the weather is good.

Gillie

Chronic enabler
Comet goldfish. I'm serious, not all of the feeders lived but the ones that did got huge. I may have to try the angels myself. Henningc is getting me started with some mollys that I'll try outside once the weather is good.
When the season comes I may be able to set you up with some F1 mollies, just don't go fowling the line with tank raised strains :p

Gillie

Chronic enabler
I might get some wild A. borellii and try them outside, those would be nice.

Rams4life!

I was thinking of borelli as well, but I don't know how they'd do with the heat? it gets to 90 on average during the day, sometmes a 100, not sure what the water temp would be like...

@Gillie, where would you get wild A. borelli?

Henningc

Here is my list:
Platys
Swords
Mollys S.
Mollys L.
Molly V.
Least Killies
Redtail Goodieds
Marble Crayfish
Alleni Crayfish
RCS
Bluefin Killies
Leeri (Pearl) Gouramis
Corycats, multiple types -Peppered and Aeneus
Jacks-No breeding
Convicts
Belonasox
Cherry Barbs - Few fry survived
Rosy Barbs -Few fry survived
Guppys

Fishobsessed7

Here is my list:
Platys
Swords
Mollys S.
Mollys L.
Molly V.
Least Killies
Redtail Goodieds
Marble Crayfish
Alleni Crayfish
RCS
Bluefin Killies
Leeri (Pearl) Gouramis
Corycats, multiple types -Peppered and Aeneus
Jacks-No breeding
Convicts
Belonasox
Cherry Barbs - Few fry survived
Rosy Barbs -Few fry survived
Guppys
Nice list!
How did the red tail goodeids do?

coralbandit

I think I have to throw a pair of pearls out side this year! I hadn't even thought of gouramis!

Henningc

The Goodieds did fine, but I took them out when our weather got hot late July-Early August. Funny thing the first fry born were as big if not bigger than their tank raised parents. I'm thinking is one had a small green house they could be yearround.