Finnex 24/7 Planted + CC on Sale!

AlliSten

Sooooo I stumbled across a heck of a deal. I double checked the manufacturers numbers, and they did send me the correct light.

The Finnex 24/7 Planted + CC- newest model is on sale at Dr Fosters. I ordered the 24” length. On sale for $63. The normal price is over $100. I also used this 15% off code SLEONGDS so it lowered the price, even more. I ended up with $210 worth of lights for $118. GREAT Deal!!

Finnex 24/7 Planted + CC

Last edited:

junebug

Chune the Smiter
Staff member
Allie, you are bad for my wallet.

AlliSten

Allie, you are bad for my wallet.
I am bad for my own wallet! I am going to get one for my 55g on payday. Hopefully it is still on sale on Wednesday. The 48” is $109 but regular retail is over $150. So still a great deal.

@corywand this light is great! It lets you customize it. Or you can set it to the 24/7 mode and it runs all on its own. It will have a sunrise, bright daylight, then a sunset. It doesn’t turn completely off at night, but it does go to the lowest light possible. You can barely tell it is even on. I haven’t played around with it enough, to know all the things it can do. But if you have enough money, it is worth it.

@Discusluv I hadn’t heard about it before either. They just came out Dec 2017 (I believe). I thought I ordered an older “clearance” planted +, since it was so cheap, but when I got it, turns out it was a fancy one lol

vikingkirken

So the CC doesn't have a dark period for four hours during the night, like the SE? I liked that feature...

vikingkirken

Just seems unnatural to have the fish under lights nonstop. Surely the lakes and rivers where they live naturally do not have moonlight penetrating to any depth all night long, every night... seems like it would be stressful for them.

junebug

Chune the Smiter
Staff member
Fish don't see all types of light. Not to mention moonlight is something that occurs in nature anyway ;)

corywand

What’s the purpose of a light period, then? Does it help plant growth? Is it just too difficult to engineer a light that turns off?

AlliSten

So the CC doesn't have a dark period for four hours during the night, like the SE? I liked that feature...
I actually emailed Finnex to see if they had that feature. They said all you do is turn the lights all the way down, and it will go into the “dark mode” but not be completely off. I had it set to that last night, and honestly If I wasn’t searching for it, I wouldn’t have noticed that it was on at all. So it is very dark.

vikingkirken

What’s the purpose of a light period, then? Does it help plant growth? Is it just too difficult to engineer a light that turns off?
I have no idea. For families that work shifts maybe?? The SE turns off between 1am and 5am, so that is nice. I'll just have to figure out how to program this so the lights are all the way down for the midnight and 3am slots, and low at 6am. I know there's a way...

vikingkirken

Really good read, @jmaldo. Thanks for sharing!

I've often wondered how many fish jumping deaths would be avoided by ramp timers...

AlliSten

I just ordered a 48” one for my 55g.

Okay so I have played around with my settings, and it is soooo much better. The lights did indeed go into dark mode last night. So that was very nice. The only lights that were visible was from the infrared sensor on the side of the light.

Here are my settings:

12am-6am- dark mode
6am-9am - sunrise
9am - 3pm - max light
3pm-6pm - lower light
6pm-9pm - sunset
9pm-12am- moonlight

I may adjust it if I start to see algae. I do want algae in one of the tanks, but the other may need a shorter photo period. I can adjust however I need it.

Last edited: