Colombian Zebra vs. Dekeyseria

Yeah, I thought colombian zebra plecos were more white. That looks pretty yellow to me (which I like better by the way).

That also reminds me of a Peckoltia compta L134 (Leopard Frog Pleco) that I have been drooling over on Aquatic Arts.

Whatever it is, it is a beauty!

Andy Sager

Just remember that even in nature, only the giant Plecos are easy to see in a tank all the time. Plecos in general like to hide when the lights are on. Having more might help the fish feel more secure but not make them come out of the shadows more. :(
Pretty fish tho. (y)

GreenGo

Don't the patterns also sometimes vary based on water conditions, locality of collection (where the original wild population is), and other factors? Pretty sure someone on here said that before, but not sure who or if it was actually on here. I know these things are possible in other fish and animals like my crabs.

Andy Sager

Don't the patterns also sometimes vary based on water conditions, locality of collection (where the original wild population is), and other factors? Pretty sure someone on here said that before, but not sure who or if it was actually on here. I know these things are possible in other fish and animals like my crabs.
Just for clarification, my L book on Plecos is 220+ pages with 8 pics to a page of Plecos. And it's not the current version :^0 So many fish and names that some may either be man made for new variations or just because they found a new one. All animals can have locality differences so anything is possible with all these plecos.
I saw this video the other day and thought" UNBELIEVABLE!!!"