What did you do with your aquarium today?

AlliSten

Feb 1, 2018
I cleaned the 3 smaller tanks today. I have a 10g QT set up for the Habrosus and embers. I also added root tabs to the 2-20h tanks, because I keep forgetting to do that. Accidentally sucked up a baby snail, and chipped his poor shell. So hoping it heals up with time.

tfreema

Mar 2, 2018
Cleaned the other half -- taking all those rocks and driftwood out and spraying with peroxide, scrubbing... rinsing- whew!
I will keep the lights out for a few days like you suggest @junebug .
I defiantly dont want to do this again anytime soon.

i have to show you a picture of how clean it is after all that effort :)

Wow! That is one GORGEOUS tank!!

AlliSten

Feb 1, 2018
I am currently doing a water change on the 55g, since it is the only one that didn’t get one this week yet.

I also received 2 new purple plants for the nano tank. Not sure how big they get, so they will at least start there. Echinodorus AFlame Purple Knight. Fancy name for a purple plant lol

I also add 2 very small box filters to the 20’s. I just needed more movement at the top of the water. I decided against actual sponge filters this time. I guess these have sponges in them, sooo there is extra sponges technically lol

tfreema

Mar 2, 2018
Did 50%+ water changes on 9 tanks, filter maintenance on 3 of those, planted some new plants, pruned plants as I went, cut the unruly java moss back, checked parameters on QT, added some ammonia so it is ready for new fish tomorrow. I am pooped. It was a long day that was all about fish stuff and I didn’t even do a canister filter this weekend.

It’s days like today I wonder why I think I need so many tanks, then I go online looking for deals on more tanks, lol.

AlliSten

Feb 1, 2018
Another water change on the QT and a quick vacuum of one of the 20g. Lots of food not being eaten. Not sure if I am over feeding, or what is going on.

My brine shrimp hatchery was delayed, hoping for delivery tomorrow. Hoping this will solve my food issues. I just don’t think my smaller fish are eating very well. I was looking to change up the food a bit, so live bbs may be the answer for me.

Oh and I sold 10 more snails. I might have some stragglers left, but only a couple. So i think the snail selling was successful!

jmaldo

Dec 19, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Let's see in the last 36 hrs, water change on 6 tanks (approx. 70 gals) along with 2 grow out tubs, Cleaned an HOB, cleaned a sponge filter on my Shrimp tank, pruned some plants and planted some in the 30L. Whew!

AlliSten

Feb 1, 2018
I didn’t do much but try to sell my blue snails. I just did another count today. I still have 15 blue ones left. I just sent out 10 in the mail this morning. Geesh! I cannot keep all these snails..

On a happier note, here is a video of a bunch of my creature enjoying the Omega One Kelp Pellets. It is certainly a big hit!

AlliSten

Feb 1, 2018
I received my new otos today. Too bad that 2 of the 6 didn’t make it. It probably was because the seller didn’t ship with a heat pack. It is still too cold to ship without. All the bags were super cold. It was Aquabid so hoping they will refund some money for the 2 fish. They did have a live arrival guarantee. Still bummed that 2 didn’t make it though.

I really need to do some water changes, but I really don’t want to do it. I think that is my daily complaint lol

AlliSten

Feb 1, 2018
I have been sick, and sleeping non-stop. Woke up at 10pm and of course, I will be awake all night now. So I decided to do my water changes. All 4 tanks got 75% water changes. I wanted to dose everyone with Prazi. With the new fish in the last few weeks, just want to prevent any issues. I am going to be busy all weekend, so the water changes were a few days early, although i do like to do lots when fish are in QT.

Had a snail orgy going on. I may need to separate all the adults. This whole egg laying business is out of control.

GreenGo

Jan 15, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
I had no clue there was a red Madagascar Lace Leaf! That's awesome @Arthur! Keep us updated, please! :D