Summer Tubbin' 2018

junebug

Chune the Smiter
Staff member
Dec 14, 2017
San Diego, CA
www.theguppygulch.com
Lol, totally posted in the 2017 thread... would love to do this when it’s warm enough here in nj... but... how do I keep the deer from drinking from it?!?!?!
Tub ponds gotta be covered with mesh if pests are a problem. Mine are raccoons. LOL.

OnTheFly

Dec 9, 2017
Lol, totally posted in the 2017 thread... would love to do this when it’s warm enough here in nj... but... how do I keep the deer from drinking from it?!?!?!
If you don't lid it, you accept it may be become part of nature now and then. :) Raccoons and bullfrogs visit mine for sure.

KO_

Feb 28, 2018
Southeast, Connecticut
So after some not so careful considerations. I have decided I will be putting my 34g Hexagon tank outside for the summer. I bought it used and don't trust it is 100% leak proof. Im thinking of a trio of platys. Ill be saving all my clippings from now on to just dump into it. I also have an old wooden stand I built I can put it on. Im excited.

OnTheFly

Dec 9, 2017
So after some not so careful considerations. I have decided I will be putting my 34g Hexagon tank outside for the summer. I bought it used and don't trust it is 100% leak proof. Im thinking of a trio of platys. Ill be saving all my clippings from now on to just dump into it. I also have an old wooden stand I built I can put it on. Im excited.
That will work. If it starts giving you trouble you can bail and get a 10$ tub from Lowes. So go for it. No real risk IMO.

OnTheFly

Dec 9, 2017
Here is the site for the large pond. 200G at best. Left the Jeep spare in the pic for @NightShade Didn't want to lose the redneck yard contest without a fight. :) The limestone will leave. Just dug hole last summer because I needed some dirt but had future plans.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017
Summer is never coming :(
So... by lid... like a lid lid?
Netting should help some with my raccoons, Fox, birds, etc... but I feel like the deer will just plow through it... not looking to set up a local watering hole ;)

Nice pond @OnTheFly !

OnTheFly

Dec 9, 2017
Summer is never coming :(
So... by lid... like a lid lid?
Netting should help some with my raccoons, Fox, birds, etc... but I feel like the deer will just plow through it... not looking to set up a local watering hole ;)

Nice pond @OnTheFly !
You may be confusing a hole in the ground for a pond lol. I'll probably grab an insert rather than a liner.

Jan 15, 2016
Poppa will begin to set his outdoor system up any time now. He's got it all ready to go. The fish he's kept inside all winter will be happy to get out again.