nkoyko's 20l tank build

Discussion in 'Medium Light (30-50 PAR)' started by nkoyko, May 11, 2016.

1. nkoyko

nkoyko Well-Known Member
    PRA All Star

Thank you, @Skylane. The wedding plans are moving! We have a bit more to do but it's coming along.

I will have photos up shortly. I'm downloading them all now.

TigerTerror and Skylane like this.
  2. nkoyko

nkoyko Well-Known Member
    PRA All Star

Pictures as promised!

FTS
    [​IMG]

Fish
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shrimp
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TigerTerror, Nils, Skylane and 2 others like this.
  3. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

That looks awesome!
    I love the blyxa over on the side it really gives everything a good place to hide
    That's also some awesome moss you got going on there

nkoyko likes this.
  4. FishFlow

FishFlow Active Member

I love this tank too! I jumped to the end, cuz 43 pages.. But I'll be back with questions! (Give me a bit : ) )

The swiss tropical filter. I looked at the site, and maybe its because 1.5 year old thread, but what pump did you use with the setup? You said you enjoyed it shortly after you got it, do you still enjoy that type of filter? I didn't see many comments regarding the filter, has it been that trouble free?

Agree. PB sucks. 1st pic I was able to see was Aug.17. :( I missed alot.

#844 FishFlow, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    nkoyko likes this.
  5. nkoyko

nkoyko Well-Known Member
    PRA All Star

It is a lot of pages but it's the life of this tank. I started this tank right after I joined here and won the tank contest because Poppa offered me CPDs. A lot has happened here and you are more than welcome to bring the questions.

My air pump on my filter is Tetra Whisper. I started with an AquaClear filter or some other expensive brand and it fell apart less than a year in. The Tetra has been going strong for a little over a year now (I think, I work in an industry where my time frames are out of whack).

I absolutely LOVE the filter. It's easy and works better than my HOB filters. I will be going with this type of filter on all other tanks I setup. Maintenance doesn't really exist. I clean behind it with the vacuum during water changes. It has yet to get dirty enough that I need to pull it out and deep clean it. The owner of Swiss Tropics was super helpful when I ordered and told me to always check the water level behind the filter, if the level is lower than the rest of the tank then it needs to be cleaned. I don't know if this tank will ever reach that point. I have shrimp and snails and they seem to do a great job cleaning it for me.

PB blows. Unfortunately they took blocked all of my photos so most of this thread anymore is just that freaking sorry cat. I need to see where I stored my photos so I can repost them once I get a chance.

Mbkemp likes this.
  6. nkoyko

nkoyko Well-Known Member
    PRA All Star

Thanks @Nils! That moss is where all the rosy loaches hide (and they like it because I have spotted some juvies in there). The blyxa is the CPD and lone neon hangout.

Nils and Mbkemp like this.