• Ricefish Biotope

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Tmrc exotics

Staff member
Jan 15, 2016
South Carolina
Updated February 8th, 2018

We will be hosting a monthly featured tank contest here at PRA Starting Today, February 8th. Everyone is allowed 3 tanks to display, and you can change which tanks you feature, but 3 is the active limit. To enter simply post a picture, of your tank with a name to identify it (it could be TMRC'S 20 long, or you could get creative and name it), you can also add a brief description if you like, stocking, equipment, flora etc. Entries should be posted here in this thread, but please host the photos in a way you can link them to a new thread after you win (imgur or other free 3rd party hosting sites).

Once your photo is entered below, your entry will be added to the poll at the top of this screen, voting is always open, and members can vote annonymously on as many tanks as they like, you can also change your votes at any time. On the last day of each month at 7pm EST we will anounce the winner, they will then be next months Featured tank and that entry removed from the poll.
We look forward to seeing all the amazing tanks below, be sure to get entered before February's end, and vote for who you want to be PRA's inaugural March featured tank.

Katie13

Dec 10, 2017
Storm
Storm is my Halfmoon cellophane, well, he's not so cellophane anymore! He prefers plenty of space in his 3 gallon cube, so it remains mainly open. He's got his own personal ledge complete with Anubias Nana as well as a moon rock cave that glows in the dark with Anubias Coffeeflia right behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:

junebug

Chune the Smiter
Staff member
Dec 14, 2017
San Diego, CA
www.theguppygulch.com
I guess we'll call this tank the sunset swirl. It's a 3.7 gallon nano cube with a built-in sump.

Inhabitants: A swarm of orange sakura neos, and at the time this shot was taken, a swarm of guppy fry (using the tank as a growout and using the guppies to eat copepods)

Stats: 3.7 gallon dirted nano cube with lava rock substrate.

Plants: Hydrocotyle leucocephala, Vallisneria americana, and Christmas moss.

I will update with more photos if necessary later on.

Tmrc exotics

Staff member
Jan 15, 2016
South Carolina
And the winner is.........
TIGERTERROR!!!
TT's Nuvo 20 narrowly edged out discusluv's 180 and The Rover's 36 gallon. Congratulations to Tigerterror, and thank everyone for your participation. Be on the lookout for our Featured tank winners thread, it will be up shortly.
TT's Nuvo 20 has been removed from the poll and the poll has been reset, so be sure to enter your tanks and cast your votes for next months Featured tank of the Month.

Katie13

Dec 10, 2017
Katie13's 37g
This is my 37 gallon Angel pairing tank. It's a work in progress, so I'll add/change pictures as needed. I just moved things around for this yesterday and it currently houses a dime sized Angel and Legacy the betta who I would call an extreme rescue, but I prefer to focus on the current side of things. The tank has fake hairgrass in the corner and Anubias Coffeefolia. It is the tank the 60 was based on, but I'm slowly adding to it.

Last edited:

vikingkirken

Dec 14, 2017
I call this, creatively, Vikingkirken's 125g.

I have a DIY overhead sump and Finnex Planted+ 24/7 light on here. Low tech, PPS-Pro dosing and some Excel.

Stock:
EBA pair
3 guianacara dacrya
2 angelfish
Dwarf gourami
Starlight BN pleco
Emerald rainbows
Koi and showa swordtails
Penguin tetras

GreenGo

Jan 15, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Each tank (regardless of when it was originally posted) carries over to subsequent months until it wins. At that point, it's taken off the thread and poll. (y)

Tmrc exotics

Staff member
Jan 15, 2016
South Carolina
180 Gallon Tank
Stock:
3 geophagus neambi
5 geophagus sveni
6 biotodoma cupido
8 corydoras splendens
5 Hypoptopoma gulare
3 Otocinclus cocama
20 hyphessobrycon cf. pulchripinnis "orange"
12 Phenacogrammus aurantiacus
8 Hemigrammopetersius pulcher

Congratulations to Discusluv for winning March's Featured tank!

junebug

Chune the Smiter
Staff member
Dec 14, 2017
San Diego, CA
www.theguppygulch.com
New submission :D

Ricefish biotope

Tank: 15 gallon Aqua Japan Rimless Seamless front.
Light: Finnex stingray 20"
Filtration: SunSun internal power filter

Plants: Java fern (assorted)
Java moss
Subwassertang
Hygroryza arisata
Salvinia culluculata
A few pieces of stray riccia I can't get out ;)

Emersed plant: Bulbophyllum treschii

Fish: Oryzias woworae breeding colony
Inverts: pest snails, and assassin snails to help deal with them.

The plants and animals are all native to Sulawesi, Indonesia. Fish and some plants are endemic to Sulawesi.