Guess it can go in here...

Discussion in 'Zoas' started by LadyMac, May 25, 2017.

1. LadyMac

LadyMac Well-Known Member
    PRA All Star

Heya guyzzzz. Yesterday I got my GSP and I was just wondering something. I want to move it off the plug and onto a shell. I have a large shell that would be perfect to keep this from going too crazy. Question is, should I let the polyp acclimate to the water and open fully, then pull it, cut it from the plug and glue it, or should I just go ahead and get it over and done with?

TIA.

TigerTerror and discusbreeder like this.
  2. discusbreeder

discusbreeder Well-Known Member

I do not know the answer to that one but I do know that you should not have to glue it, self-adherent.

Larry

LadyMac likes this.
  3. Tmrc exotics

Tmrc exotics Moderator
    Staff Member

I believe you have to glue it, don't think it will just hold on it's on. Reefing madness or Paul could probably answer this better. I think regular old CA glue is fine. If possible I would break the plug off the rock, and glue the rock if possible. There are YouTube videos on fragging if you go that route.

4. LadyMac

LadyMac Well-Known Member
    PRA All Star

I have watched videos, I was just unsure if I should do it sooner rather than later.

TigerTerror and discusbreeder like this.
  5. Tmrc exotics

Tmrc exotics Moderator
    Staff Member

Two ways to approach that, either quick or patient. I don't think it would hurt to let them get used to your tank before switching them, sounds safer to me... or you could take the bandaid approach and just rip it off all at once. Personally I would give them a few days to acclimate from shipping before fragging.

6. Poppa Ryno

Poppa Ryno Moderator
    Staff Member

You can do either or. When i got my 2 pieces of GSP, 1 on a plug & 1 not, i threw them both in and both did just fine on plug & off.

7. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

I have mine off the plug and they are a super resilient coral, so go ahead and pull them off, they're pretty much impossible to kill. So go ahead, do it!