America's Pastime

OnTheFly

Dec 9, 2017
My Phillies were up 5-0 at one point and ended up losing 8-5 due to a walk-off HR. Bullpen was a mess today...
What's up with the bullpen issue at Philly? Just some over-management by a young manager? I caught something on ESPN but they are famous for making their own news at times. I don't even know who the Phillie's manager is. I better research that. :)

And I think Bizliz is attending the Twins home opener today. Gonna be a chilly one.

Last edited:

JeffK

Dec 14, 2017
What's up with the bullpen issue at Philly? Just some over-management by a young manager? I caught something on ESPN but they are famous for making their own news at times. I don't even know who the Phillie's manager is. I better research that. :)

And I think Bizliz is attending the Twins home opener today. Gonna be a chilly one.
Gabe Kapler is the new Phil's manager. Seems to be "over-managing" thus far...

MattS99

Dec 4, 2017
Good chunk of the wins are come from behind. Bullpen looks amazing, esp. Gsellman and Familia.

OnTheFly

Dec 9, 2017
League isn't playing with all the brawling anymore. They handed out some stiff suspensions today. No more of the one day stuff for awhile.

OnTheFly

Dec 9, 2017
I saw that Yankees one live, it was crazy
I need to watch it. I just saw highlights. Things are going the way they Yanks planned. They'll be fine but they sure aren't running away with anything

My Brewers wildcard pick doesn't look good right now. They play some horrid defense and give games away late. Same problem last year and they didn't solve it yet.

MattS99

Dec 4, 2017
For some reason, MLB Network keeps blacking out all the games on the channel but nothing else. All I'm getting is Yankees, Mets, and whatever's on ESPN

OnTheFly

Dec 9, 2017
For some reason, MLB Network keeps blacking out all the games on the channel but nothing else. All I'm getting is Yankees, Mets, and whatever's on ESPN
I almost bought MLB TV (on computer). Then I figured out they would blackout every home game for pretty much every team I watch besides AZ. I just have MLB audio so I listen to games nightly.

And I think the Twins entire weekend series may be postponed. What a great idea to leave the dome and play outside. They will have no days off when the weather is hot and the season grinding along. Or a ton of doubleheaders and burn the pitching out.

MattS99

Dec 4, 2017
Yeah, weather's weird here too. 82 today, higher tomorrow, 40's on Sunday. Great baseball weather lol

Navigator Black

Some odd mod.
Staff member
Dec 14, 2016
Once the no hitter is busted up, it is a normal game. And you go for it.

I love baseball, and I played it kind of hard, even if I was never better than a beer league player. People played it kind of hard right back. I took a hockey defenceman's approach to baseball. Some of the famous unwritten rules are a code of politeness and fair competition, at the end of the day. There are things you don't do because a decent person doesn't do them.

But an open base because of a questionable shift, at 7-0? As long as I wasn't going for a cheap breaking up of a no hitter, I would go for it every time. You give a team a gift, they should take it. Comebacks are always possible. To me, the greatest disrespect to anything is not trying to do it well. A bunt in a no hitter? Garbage. A bunt in a one hitter? Smart.